Help! Mid to high end compact protein skimmer for in sump?? - Michigan Reefers
Register Free
Michigan Reefers

Go Back   Michigan Reefers » General Interest Forums » Lighting, Filtration and Other Equipment

Lighting, Filtration and Other Equipment This is an area for discussions about lighing,skimmers,filtration systems,RO units,Protein Skimmers and other equiptment.

Support Our Sponsors  Become a Sponsor

Old 06-16-2017, 11:25 PM
LansingReefer's Tank Specs

Zip Code: 48912
Default Help! Mid to high end compact protein skimmer for in sump??

I'm looking for any newer models for protein skimmers that have excellent results for smaller systems (doesn't really have to be "new"). I have a 22gal tank with 20gal sump. I've had several Aqua-C skimmers in the past, and unfortunately the Aqua C Urchin will be slighly too big for my sump. The compartment where my skimmer will go is 23" tall x 6.5 wide x 9" long. So ideally I want the highest rated skimmer available that will fit into here, I would have to consider the added pump dimension too.

What i have now works, but the skimmer is sensitive, and bumping into it potentially causes massive overflow... already had a small amount of skimmer collection cup spill into my tank : /

I would greatly appreciate advice. Thank you
Members of Michigan Reefers have rated post as the most helpful. Skip right to it!