Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all,

Trying to get some Ideas for sump plans. 29g DT with 10g sump. 10g fits under the stand the best. Wanted to maximize space for a fuge. Would a HOB skimmer work if I elevated the sump tank a little to accomodate skimmer heighth if needed? Thinking the Octopus HOB skimmer or a Aqua C Remora? Would i still need baffles? I'm new to the sump thing. All Idea's are welcome.

Thanks,

BigKev

·
Registered
201 Posts
I currently run a 10 gallon sump on a 10 gallon tank. I had my HOB skimmer in the center chamber with live rock. I didn't have any issues with it running that way. I have since upgraded to a tunes 9002 in sump skimmer. I only did this because i was paranoid that it could over flow the collection cup. If you can place the HOB skimmer in the same chamber as the return then it will still give you space for a fuge if you choose to run one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it better to have skimmer in the return or drain section? 10g is such a challenge with space...not sure what is best?

Thanks for the reply and Questions..

·
Registered
725 Posts
The drain side is best because usually that side the water level stays the same and the skimmer can be adjusted correctly for it and you want baffles in pretty much any size sumps for best results keeping air bubbles out of the return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts