Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey well i have recently upgrades from my 29 gallon thought i would start a new thread for this tank. Heres how it started, I was tired of looking at the scratches on the sides and front glass on the 29 so i decided to upgrade. My mother and I had went out looking at tanks and we came across this one and she had mentioned she really liked this one it was on sale tank and stand out the door was $270 and some change. I really enjoy this tank alot better gives me more options for aquascaping. I do have a DIY stand idea i would like to build for this tank to help out the foot print a little. The stand now has a half circle foot print and is sorta wobbly so i would rather alter the stand and re-inforce it with a bigger structured stand so i can hide a sump adventually.

Tank-30 gallon half moon
Lighting- T5 H/O
Filtration- HOT Marine land canister
Flow- 1 Maxi jet 600, 1 Maxi jet 400, and canister.
Skimmer
60lbs rough guess of LR
2 1/2" mixed live sand and silica sand bed
Sump- In the makings still :)
1 Firefish
2 Clarki clowns
1 Scooter blenny
1 Yellow watchmen goby
3 Cleaner shrimp
10 Snails
10 Redleg crabs
2 Emerald crabs
Has mixed coral combination.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thank you ALOT for that ID. From what i read on a articale about them, that cloud they release is there spawning act. That is really cool i witnessed it twice i have a few of those snails in my tank rangeing from black to peach very cool very fast critters. :)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE**** I have built my sump! I went to Home Depot today had to grab a few pieces but i got it for the most part. I will adventually look into getting my tank drilled but that wont be for a while. Display tank looks alot better without all the equipment inside too :), the sump is a 10 gallon tank with a Triton3 return pump 850GPH at 7ft., Skimmer, Carbon chamber with overflow ran into it, chunks of rock out of my tank that i didnt like lol, 2 emerald crabs <--- Long story! Lost 2 fish to them suckers. I have a LED fixture a cheapo that came with the tank as my sump light figured it would put plenty of light source i need into it. I will have a video update of the sump and tank setup on my old stand re-inforced. Thank you DereksReef for all the help with my questions :). Your knowledge really helped me out on this build. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
that anemone might be aptasia, look em up, if it is you want to get rid of that thing.

[edit] i just saw how long you've been here, im sure you know what aptasia is. sorry for butting in,lol.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that anemone might be aptasia, look em up, if it is you want to get rid of that thing.

[edit] i just saw how long you've been here, im sure you know what aptasia is. sorry for butting in,lol.
Its ok all input is accepted. I have been keeping and eye on it and its looking more and more like aptasia everyday :( i have 3 stalks of it in my tank. The last time i played around with it, it spread like wildfire

1 - 16 of 16 Posts