Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I am in the process of finalizing a purchase of a new house, so along with the new house, is going to be a rebuild of my current system.

I currently live in a small 1 bedroom, so a 55gallon was perfect for the space. I really like the size, but know I am limited to what I can house.

Current Livestock-
2-Tank Raised Clowns
1-Coral Beauty Angel
2-Pajama Cardinal
1-Bangaii Cardinal
1-Yellow Watchman Goby
1-Bicolor Blenny

I also have a huge rock of GSP, and some other random zoos/softies.

Current Drygoods/Hardware

55 Gallon Tank
HOB Skimmer

More information to come

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The goal of the tank is to completely redo the entire system build, from top to bottom.

Currently, I do not have any sort of overflow/sump/refugium setup on the tank. I am going to drill the tank when I move, and will be keeping the fish in a quarantine system. I plan on drilling the tank for the Herbie overflow system, and creating a 20 gallon sump underneath the tank.

With the new sump, I will be using Chamber 1 as the skimmer section, Chamber 2 as a refugium with live rock, and a variety of Macro, and chamber 3 will solely be for the return pump.

I custom built a new stand, which I will post pictures of the partially finished project below. It is big enough to allow for the 20 gallon sump, as well as a ton of other storage for items like an ATO system under the stand, which would be the ultimate goal.

Below I will post the equipment I will be purchasing to add to the new tank system

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some of the partially finished pictures of the tank stand. It is a 48x16 on the sides, and reaches out to 48x24 towards the front end. It is made out of 2x4 pieces, with plywood tops and bottom.I will be finishing it with decorative wood around the entire shell, and painting it with a stain/sealant.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Designed for the Sump Tank

I will have filter socks on the left side of the tank, and have a media rack for carbon/Cheimpure after the last baffle in chamber 2, before the refugium.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is how the tank currently looks, not running anything other than a simple HOB skimmer, and a hob filter with carbon. Hopefully I can get some better aquascape going when I move, and set up a little more how I would like it to look.

I am also looking into building a canopy for my tank, but I am worried about the weight. If anyone has ideas on how to build a tank that I could mount LEDs on that would be great.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts