Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I saw it today 6 line wrass looked like it was trying to clean my pink spotted goby. Does anyone know if 6 line will clean other fish? I also have anoth question I bought to false clowns both at the same time and they were real small about 2 months ago and now they are getting bigger and started to chace each other all over the tank like crazy, does anyone know if this is a sign of one of them becoming male (No signs of physical damage to either clown)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 6 line would clean my lemonpeel...just like a cleaner wrasse. The Lemonpeel would approach and present itself, and the 6 line would do a quick clean.

Rick

d_link said:
Yes I saw it today 6 line wrass looked like it was trying to clean my pink spotted goby. Does anyone know if 6 line will clean other fish? I also have anoth question I bought to false clowns both at the same time and they were real small about 2 months ago and now they are getting bigger and started to chace each other all over the tank like crazy, does anyone know if this is a sign of one of them becoming male (No signs of physical damage to either clown)?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I looked closer tonight at the clowns and I do see the ones fines look like they had been picked at. So I moved the weaker guy to the sump for now and will maybe try and fatten him up and then put him back.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Your clowns are just deciding who is going to be dominant and become the female. I would not seperate them, this encourages them both to be female. Occys aren't that aggressive, and if you only have 2 the chances of one hurting the other seriously is slim, especially since they've grown up together.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
weimers75 said:
Your clowns are just deciding who is going to be dominant and become the female. I would not seperate them, this encourages them both to be female. Occys aren't that aggressive, and if you only have 2 the chances of one hurting the other seriously is slim, especially since they've grown up together.
weimers you sure on this, have you seen it before? That's what I thought at first but it seems non stop and the fins on the one seem a little tore up. I would like to put them back together if your right, what if I give the little guy a day or two of rest then put him back? Whats everyone think? Anyone that breeds clowns out there, that can help?

·
Registered
298 Posts
weimers75 said:
Don't mean to hyjack you thread but clowns are not born male or female but evolve into one or the other depending on their role in the community?? I'm confused? Can somebody help me out with my ingnorance?-confused

G

·
heres a quote from http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/clownfish/

"A little known but fascinating ability of the Clown fish is its ability to switch sex. This Clown Fish Fact makes this fish even more of a rarity. On the top of the hierarchy is the reproducing female followed by the mating male. Below them are a bunch of non-mating males. But, if the female dies, the whole hierarchy gets disrupted. The predominant male then morphs into a female and chooses a partner from the various non-mating males."

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skully not a problem, toobrie thats what I tought but thanks for the link. So I guess I should throw the little guy (or whatever) back into the main tank. Maybe I will do that tonight after the lights go out.

G

·
the twitching is a flashing to do two things one it is to show off to a fish of the oppisite sex and two it is to try and establish dominance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts