Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother put together an awesome solid cherry stand for my 72 gallon reef tank. I've been out of the hobby for a few years and really wanted to do it right when I came back. I've always loved bowfront tanks and am really diggin' this one. The tank is in it's early stages. I'm really happy with the results and had to brag about his work somewhere :) Sorry for the poor picture quality.

I really tried to "do it right" this time around. This is my first tank with a sump. Tried to get some nice equipment, LED lighting, and I also built a system for automatically changing water using my smart phone. The tank is completely plumbed into the house. Waste water changes go straight down the drain. RODI water goes straight to the sump and an additional container below for preparing new saltwater changes. I'm really happy about how it has come out so far. Can't wait to see it in a year or two when the corals grow a bit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW! You could be voted tank of the month just based on the stand alone. Your brother did an incredible job!

James
LOL thanks. Yeah the tank itself isn't that impressive :) The stand is definitely the highlight I think. Thanks James!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how's the tang doing looks like a lot of room for him
Hi Jim,
The tank is doing great. I know it's not the biggest tank for him but he does seem pretty happy in it. It took him a day or so to come out but he's pretty active and happy.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looks like your brother does nice work, that will last longer than any plywood and glued together sawdust crap that is out there for the most part. Hope the rest of the tank goes the way you hope!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Absolutely stunning display of craftsmanship!!!. Very impressive!!

What are you gonna do when you decide to go to a bigger tank LOL!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Absolutely stunning display of craftsmanship!!!. Very impressive!!

What are you gonna do when you decide to go to a bigger tank LOL!!
Excellent point. I think I am stuck with this size tank for a bit. I'm certain he'll kill me if I sell the stand so at that point maybe he keeps this tank and helps me build a monster tank if the day ever comes. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts