Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to the hobby and I set-up my reef last summer. I have just started getting some coral and I eventually plan to have a really dense reef. I'm already addicted to reefing and plan to hopefully make a bunch of upgrades to my set-up this summer. I've got plenty more pictures and maybe I'll post them in a few days!

Heres some set-up info.
skimmer: Euroreef RS80
sump:30g
fuge:10g
lighting: 2 x 175wt. 10k MH, 2 x 65wt PC atinics.
return pump: mag 9.5
Water movement: 1 maxi jet 1600gph mod (soon to be 2)! and a maxi-jet 900
LR: ~ 150lbs.

Fish:
pair of lyretail anthias
Starry blenny
Mandarin
Royal gramma
pajama cardinal
orange-spotted goby

Enjoy!;)

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics

BTW how do you get the pics to show up in the actual post instead of as thumbnails? Also, sorry about the blurry pics! I had to reduce them a ton in order to post them and I have a ton that look great full-sized! Is there anyone who can help me with these picture posting questions?-confused

·
Registered
45 Posts
first off tanks looking good.

so go get your self an account here http://photobucket.com/ then uploads your pics there, once your pics are uploaded you will see a series of links if offers you to refer people to see your images.

i like to copy the direct link one, then when im making a post here i click the button on the top that say "insert image" when you mouse over it.

delete the http:\\ thats in there when you click the button as that part will already be on the link you copied.

and there you go you posted a nice full size image..

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
magnatron said:
first off tanks looking good.

so go get your self an account here http://photobucket.com/ then uploads your pics there, once your pics are uploaded you will see a series of links if offers you to refer people to see your images.

i like to copy the direct link one, then when im making a post here i click the button on the top that say "insert image" when you mouse over it.

delete the http:\\ thats in there when you click the button as that part will already be on the link you copied.

and there you go you posted a nice full size image..
Thanks! I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet!

Awesome! now i can post some of my awesome pics! So heres some more!

my female anthia with sand star below!

Orange-spotted shrimp goby.

One of my acros, taken underwater with my sweet new camera case!

Purple tipped acro frag

Mandarin grazing near finger leather frag

Another pic of my female

My first Ric

Thanks magnatron for helping my post pics! I appreciate it. There are plenty more to come! :cool:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heres more!

Green Millie frag

Side shot

Digi frags

Starry Blenny

Pinkish centered Plays

sand star

larger sump shot.

Later today I'll post some pics of my new zoas and monti!:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm! It doesn't seem like anyones showing any interest in my pics??? :confused: Oh well I just took a few more so I might as well post them!

My really nice zoo rock!

Superman Monti frag. I just got it yesterday! Hes still healing from being cut off.

Bird's nest

Feamle anthias with xenia

Acro frag showing some nice growth

Royal Gramma

Green and orange zoos

Right side of tank.

If anyone shows interest I have plenty more I can post!:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I been slowly adding corals and figured I might as well post some pics of a few recent additions. :)

Cool pic of my sweet hammer coral that my good friend so nicely gave to me for FREE! It pretty big too! A few more of the hammer......

side view
Nice peice of Teal Caulastrea that I also got for free!

Pic of the end of my tank.

Thanks for looking!:cool:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Nice photo's. How long have you had the Anthias? Even though you didn't ask, I will give you a couple of FWIIW's. Sand Sifting Stars, will eat a lot of the good things you want in your sand, plenty of people keep them, just relaying from experience. Your Anthia's are very cool, stunning fish, normally they need to eat a good variety of food, 5-6 times a day, if not they will most likely starve. Auto feed timers, work good if you have Anthias. Please don't take my comments as criticisms, just passing a long info and if you already knew those things, then it can help another reefer reading your thread.

Dan

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, don't worry! No criticism taken! What's this forum for anyways? (Advice!):)

I realize that the sand sifiting stars can have a negative impact on your tank. I was actually planning on getting rid of him, but I don't know where or who to give him to. My anthias, I've had them for about two months now. They eat practically everything, and I usually feed them twice a day. Usually mysis with an ocassional treat of brine shrimp, and one in a while they will even take some slow sinking pellets. I'll look into some auto feeding system but what do you recommend for the auto-feed timers? Thanks for your help, and I'm just glad to actually see someone interested in my pics! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Well, if you have had your Anthias for two months, you are probably getting them enough food. As far as food timers, sorry I have never used one, maybe some other people here that have Anthias will chime in. Your Anthias are very beautiful, for some reason I really enjoy those fish. I agree it will be nice to see how your tank progresses. Our tanks change every day and it's cool to see the growth.

Dan

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've have 4 female and 1 male lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis) for over 2 months now. I usually feed them only twice a day and they are fine. At first they would only take frozen mysis, but i have them eating flake regularly now.

Nice pics too, i always see my male lyretail do that Wide Open Mouth thing. I've been meaning to get some pics of my set-up since i started the new tank.

Keep the pics coming, its always cool to see a reef tanks progress.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments! :D

I love just sitting in front of my tank for an hour or so and taking 100+ pictures! My anthias really eat a ton and don't seem to be starving at all so I'll just keep an eye on them. As far as the open-mouth thing that my male does, I think he may be showing off to the female. He olny does it when she is around, and in the picture, you can see her in the background. I'll try to get some more pics in the next few days!:)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, tonight I got some time to experiment with my underwater case for my camera. I still haven't completely figure out how to take good pics underwater, so excuse some of the blurry pics! All of these were taken under my atinics. Oh and by the way, I finally got my calcium up to 470ppm, and my coral growth is starting to greatly accelerate! Also, I cant wait to get some new frags at the swap! Enjoy!:)

Royal gramma with monti and zoos.

Finger leather frag

Female anthias with coral

Hammer coral already pulled in for the night

Underwater pic of xenia and teal caulastrea

Some more coral and my curious male anthias!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, Heres some more! Including some new coral from the swap! Thanks to everyone who helped organize it! It was really great! :)

Green Slimmer

Blue tenius and tort frag

Close-up of tort with Polyps really Extended!

My awesome new Crocea!

Underwater shot showing off his green!

Sweet Acans! (my first ones)

I've got some more that i'll post later tonight!:cool:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts