Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lastnight i was looking at my tank everything open and looking good. Woke up to find 2 of my acan frags with 6 heads on one and 5 on the other were striped clean nothing left the one base is brigt pink. My water tests fine and all i have in the tank is a hippo tang 2 clowns a six line a manderin a pink dot goby and a fire fish snails hermit crabs and a rock boring urchin. Its a 90 gallon tank greech canister with uv and a posban reactor. i have 2 150w mh and a marineland led light. I have about 100lbs of live rock and a 4 inch deep crushed coral bed. I do have antipistia in the tank but only a few and non around the acans. Please help thank you verrymuch eric !

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What are they by? Sounds like the coral next to it had it's sweepers out (usually happens at night) and stung it to death. Lost a few of my acans to hammer and chalices before

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree with Troy, any frogspawn, anchor or other euphyllia(sp?) around it? Maybe a favia or chalice?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
+1 to the above. However, is it possible you have a hitchhiker such as a coral eating worm or the like? How long has your tank been set up? It is possible to have something in there that you have yet to see especially if it only comes out at night. I would get a red light and spend a night watching your tank, maybe a few nights if possible.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i dont know alot about urchins except THEY EAT CORAL. like i said ,dont which ones eat what . i do however know that i have had two different "reef safe "urchins and they both ate coral,for that matter one ate the other one aswell as a nice gonipora and an orange monti cap. so if it wasnt the normal sweepers makin brown goo than my money is on the urchin. jus my .02

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks i removed the urchin lastnight as i watched him eat my enchadia but ima keep a eye out for a hitcher ! Thank you guys very much i might not be new but i am far from knowing it all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts