Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Dknuckles were doing some fraggin today, and noticed one of my favorite acans, has 16 fully developed babies going right now, a ring around the entire colony. Only has 6-7 full polyps now. Amazing, will get a pic asap.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Nice!
Check out the progress mine have had since I first bought them. The peice below only had 3 heads when I bought it.

Now it has over 12!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another perfect example why i dont understand people saying that cant keep them alive. Mine have been to hell and back more than once, and they are all thriving.

Man i love them Lords.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
I agree that lords are pretty tough... I had a lord ripped open before by an emerald after I fed the crap out of it (the emerald ripped a polyp open for acces to the food, he wasn't eating the acan), and thought it was gone for sure... only to see it regrow into a nice little colony.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well in that case im sorry to hear you lost all those PPE's:eek: J/K

....Oh god, i would be sick if you lost those. I love that one overhead pic of yours....just a field of them.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I dunno Jr. Some people has better luck than others. Nice growth on yours and Jason's. I feed the heck outta mines and I barely see any growth if at all.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cant argue that....but i will say ive had all those colonies for nearly a year, and just now are they exploding with growth....so time will tell i guess. My system is far from perfect, and have had my share of disasters....everything in my tank should be dead atleast twice.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
juniormc8704 said:
well in that case im sorry to hear you lost all those PPE's:eek: J/K

....Oh god, i would be sick if you lost those. I love that one overhead pic of yours....just a field of them.
That's closer to the truth than I care to admit. I've lost a lot of them since I have had them.

These reef tanks are odd...a certain coral will do great for awhile and then recede. While another may do the opposite. In the long run this hobby is a challenge and it's often easy to take success for granted. I know I have only to get a wake up call at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts