Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any advice how to remove fine to medium scratches from my drained acrylic. bought novus didnt work. driving me nuts.. help plzzz

·
Registered
732 Posts
Did you sand the scratches with sandpaper first?

Try some 1500 grit, wet and see if that helps. If not or it takes too long go to 1000 grit, then after you have removed nearly all of the scratch ,use 1500 over the places you used 1000. Three passes is usually enough. Then shine it up with your novus.

GL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Acrylic Tank scratched

Its the 3 stage set. (heavy, med, cleaner). and honestly i would'nt call my self a an expert at carpentry (i deal with computers, etc) but followed instructions. froma distance the front looks great, like scratches are gone, once you get closer you see the "fine" scratches where I sanded and looking at it from an angle you get a haze look. there was a section i used PlastiX- that worked way better then novus but its those darn fine scratches!! should i use a buffer? please if N E 1 has any experience help needed!! This is holding everything up :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
yes... definitely use a buffer! you can use a drill attachment if needed, and do as reefwonders said, start with the 1500, and work your way up to the 4000. after you do that, use the novus to polish it up nice.

Remember to use a spray bottle and wipe the surface clean between each grit change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts