Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so in my 60g I have four fish, a yellow tang,a clown and unfortunately two damselsi can't catch. Everyone gets along and the clown never goes more than 3" away from his nem. He had a female paired w him but she jumped out a month ago. So i'm looking at adding something. The tank is 23"tall x4ft x 13 wide. Any suggestions on fish that are reef safe. I do like wrasses.

WhenI take this tank down for something bigger, damsels will be gone....

·
Registered
812 Posts
If you like Wrasses you better think of getting some type of top.I finally broke down after 4 years and put a screen mesh top on my tank.Now i have 2 wrasses in there now.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew this thread was going to be moved but the reef forum is the more active lol. Anyways I should also add this tank has been up 1 1/2yrs and there is no cover/lid

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Midas Blenny

I found a lavender to yellow Midas blenny at Kees and it gets along with everything looks cool when they swim (Like a snake) and has quite a personality. First to grab the food then It backs into its cave which is interesting.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh and I wouldn't mine getting an addition for my cube either. That has a pair of breeding true percs but haven't laid in my tank. It's a 30g 25x25x12 rimless. Any suggestions on that one?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Midas Blenny

I found a lavender to yellow Midas blenny at Kees and it gets along with everything looks cool when they swim (Like a snake) and has quite a personality. First to grab the food then It backs into its cave which is interesting.
agree, Midas Blennies are unique fish, very cool personalities

·
Registered
283 Posts
As of yesterday That LFS closest to your house has acouple of cool blue sided wrasses, blue watchman gobies, 6-line wrasse and a Kole tang that is pretty cool. They also have a yellow pipefish that would be sweet in your cube.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about aggression issues in the 60g? No one seems nasty but all those fish have been in there since the begining. As far as the cube, my female clown is one nasty beast. She attacks me everytime I stick my hand in the tank, once drawing blood. Would I have to worry about her beating up the pipe fish?

Didn't really look much into them, but I'm assuming they don't jump?

As far as the fish store closest to me lol, I really try my best to not give them my business even if they are only a few miles away. I'll check RP first and if not, then I suppose I'll break down and check what they got. I know they never have anything for coral and is the big reason why I don't shop there. Their reef tanks look horrible, way over priced and very low end/common/beginner coral. They ripped me off a few times by selling me stuff that I should only paid $5 for....hence my other problem with them. Their fish selection is ok, sometimes....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yea I forgot about that beast! I think I would be worried about the pipefish. Just passing on what we saw there as the kid was looking for acouple of FW fish for her tank.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I picked this guy up for my cube...he had quite the personality

I also picked up a Manderin for my 60 and still on the hunt for some sort of fish...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts