Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the site joined a few months back when I started thinking about and researching setting up my first saltwater tank. At this time I am planning on converting my 50 gallon freshwater to a fowlr and maybe eventually in the future after getting some experience moving on to making it a reef setup. I have been looking at portable ro systems since I live on an apartment so changing the plumbing is not an option along with the fact that my plumbing skills are nil. Are there any reasonable priced systems that anyone would suggest I am thinking under $150 closer to $100 range or under would be preferred since this is on a budget. I have been looking on ebay and also on amazon and have found what looks like a few possibilities one unit by titan water on ebay on amazon a few companies I have found are crystal quest,mikro, and purenex. If anyone has any experience with these type of systems at any or these companies I would like to hear your feed back or any other systems to check out. I am trying to keep from having to run out to the store to get my water and I figure that it will not t.ake long for it to pay for itself. Thanks:)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You should be able to find a used unit that would fit the bill for much less than that. Keep an eye on the for sale threads, they pop up often enough. As for plumbing I'd suggest visiting Bulk Reef Supply's website. They have an adapter that fits between the shut off valve under the sink and the hose that connects to the faucet. Very slick. Plus it doesn't tie up the faucet while it's running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts