Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fish have Ich so on Tuesday i started using No-Ich, feeding fresh garlic and removed carbon from my filter... i've been following the directions and everything seems to be working and im continuing the recommended dosages as instructed...
this is where i need the advice I am not sure wether to wait till treatment is complete or do I do a PWC.. I if I do a PWC then the treatment is taken out as well as diluted.... another question i have is garlic safe for marine life? the fish love the hell out of it but will it cause any issues if i continue feeding them garlic?

·
Administrator
2,496 Posts
Ich

Studies show that the only effective treatment for ICH is medicine, UV and time. Even my fish recently got ich when I closed a tank and move them over and I was very close to Quarantine them. Rather instead I did add some garlic juice ( dont believe it works) but was desperate and feed them heavily to build immune system along with a couple of large water changes. What I mean about water changes is to have your water change water exactly the same temp, calc, ph, alk and mg. The key to allowing them to fight it is close observation. i slipped up and got busy and lost a purple tang when it got chocked out by Ich when I lost a heater. They are usually ok when it gets on its body but when it hits the gills and they cant breath you must Qt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts