Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tank with some triggers, puffers, groupers is there anything that i could get as a clean up crew that would survive with these or just get large hernits and replace them

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I would go ahead and put some hermits and snails in there of varied sizes. small to Large. I'm sure some will get eaten, or many! I have never had any of those fish so, honestly I'm not sure.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Clean up

I had an agressive tank that had a lot of the same fish. I put in crabs and snails. I tried to get the biggest ones I could get to try to keep them from becoming a snack. I did lose some but the ones that made it became very good at playing dead when they were noticed by the fish. I had a trigger that would keep knocking the hermit over to get at it, but the crab would just stay put until the trigger lost interest and then would make his escape.
I would say go for the hermits, but plan on losing some if not half.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had a tank with a picasso trigger, a valentini puffer, a panther grouper and a snowflake eel...they were like assassins as soon as you put a few crustaceans in the tank. Best of luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts