Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Michigan Reefers:

I have an aiptasia eating raccoon butterfly fish for sell. He has done his job well and cleared out my tank of aiptasia. I purchased the fish from a fellow reefer and would like to pass the fish off so that he could continue to help people clean out their tanks.

I paid $20 for him about a week ago and would like to get $20 in return. He is available for pick up this weekend starting Friday.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
question

why would you want to sell him if he does such a great job man i hate those anemones ..my tank is filled with them would you have a pic of him? I may be interested if he really does what you say he does ..thnks

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
most of the time these fish are not reef safe so my guess is this one goes for anemones first corals second and when it runs out of nems its a good idea to pass him on to the next nem filled tank and so on. nothing wrong with the fish just could be more safe for corals. this is the same as those who pass along sea hares and burghia nudibranches

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see if I can get a pic of him tomorrow when I get a sec. Along with he is not reef safe, as he cleaned the aiptasia from my rock I moved my coral over to a smaller holding tank. I have seen him pick at my Zoa and my sympodium. So its time for him to move on and clean someone else's tank.

I hope to have him gone in the next couple of days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.