Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in week 5 of being fishless to try and starve out ich and the past few days I've noticed that it basically looks like tgere are a bunch of little ichs floating in the tank and some grab ahold of my front glass. so first I thoufht it was just my hob filter is splashing too hard and making air bubbles and the powerhead by it is blowing the bubbles around but when I saw them stick to the glass I was thinking maybe its some hair algae growing because i hsvr some I'm the tank not much but some so Is it like the algae or should I ignore it or what

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it's hydras it's very tiny just like a spec with a few arms but ...idk it's a terrible description it looks like a floating piece of ich that's exactly what it looks like

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked under a magnifying glass it is like a dot with 5 legs I don't know wether it's like algae seeds if that's even a possibility but I'm going to leave the ones on my side glass along and see what happens to them. So anyone have any ideas there all over the water you only see them if u get close to the tank but they look like floaties in a glass of water blowing round

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any one have any ideas at all? If you Gus are near by your welcome to stop by the house and look for yourself it has me worried I'm making my plans to add fish in a few weeks but I wanna make sure this is ok first just anyone give me some sort of answer, weimers you got anything?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I can't tell anything from that pic. There are literally hundreds of things it could be. I too doubt its ich. But, if you leave your tank fishless for the recommended weeks ich will perish without a host.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm trying to take more pics now but there's not much I can do without a microscope lol I'll post more in a min what are the most common ofnthose 100 things it could be lol

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
As weimers75 mentioned, it could be one of hundreds of things. I too highly doubt it is Ich sticking to the glass. You genrally dont see ich unless it is on a fish. From the description you have given. It sounds like one of dozens possibly hundreds of species of Hydra. They are typcialy nothing to worry about and will fade away over time. However, this is not always the case and they can potentially become a nuisance. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't worry about them. clean the glass regulary. And keep up with the fishless tank for the required time just to be sure that Ich does not prevail.

·
Registered
725 Posts
What ever they are I would just scrap them off...

It's really hard to tell in the picks but with live rock brings in a ton of life and adding tap water usually cause's blooms of certain things especially of the algae type.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. I was wondering what was in your tank before this mysterious outbreak. I do agree that its not ick. Marine ick generally attaches to a host and falls to the gravel bed.

I wonder if something spawned in your tank. Without seeing it up close, it could be one of many things.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.