Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice about 2 weeks ago that I had these little ant like things running around on the live rock. Yesterday I notice that they are growing. So I looked it up. Found out that they are amphipoda's, all the site I looked at say the same thing (nothing at all)... So... are these things good or bad?. & my copperband has been eatting them...

·
Registered
34 Posts
lol i just noticed mine yesterday, i had a billion of em on the glass and live rock everywhere. they must've hatched a egg cluster or something

·
Registered
711 Posts
i've got a question along these lines, what if you find them on floating dead?! I find them every-so-often floating at the top of my tank. I know they die, but, I see them often.

·
Registered
63 Posts
aquanewbie,
What you may be seeing is the molted shells of the pods. I usually see them shortly after a water change, but not after every water change is done. I have also noted what looked to be dead hermit crabs, only to find upon closer inspection that they were molts.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Treekiller said:
aquanewbie,
What you may be seeing is the molted shells of the pods. I usually see them shortly after a water change, but not after every water change is done. I have also noted what looked to be dead hermit crabs, only to find upon closer inspection that they were molts.
Ohhh.. that would make sense! thanks!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts