Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a green bta from tropicorium yesterday and they gave me one in a flower pot. how do i get him out? i left it tipped on its side so he can crawl out but nothing. should i dig a hole in the sand and just put him in? can he crawl if its left sitting upright? it is about 6-8" opened in the pot most likely a little bigger out of it. the pot is a 3" clay pot. also im worried about it gitting enough light at the bottom of the tank. tank is a 40 breeder with a 6bulb t5 ho fixture.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Put it in your tank, and use a power head to blow water on it. They will usually release themselves because they are un happy. I've also heard you can put an ice cube on it and it will release itself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Tease it

Im not sure the verbiage but when i got my last 2 anemonies they were in a solo cup lol. if you reach your hand in under the anemone you can usually just tease or rub the foot of the amenone and he will let go. you dont want to pull him up obviously but if you work a little bit of his foot at a time then he should come right out. thats all i have ever had to do to get them out.

also i have a 40 gallon long as well. I have 4 bulb T5 HO and it does just fine for both of my anemones and everything else. you should be just fine. once he is out of the pot he will crawl around till he is happy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts