Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good anemone for my false percs? one that stays put and will thrive under T-5 lighting? I would like it to stay on the bottom in the sand or the rocks on the bottom? I know I'm asking alot!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
it is very uncertain if an Anem will move alot or not. I finally thought my RBTA was setteled after 3 weeks and my wife just sent me a pic today showing it on the total opposite side of the tank :( bummer (i really like its previous spot) Are the falsies tank raised or captured? Tank raised will host in almost anything. Every pair/single clownfish i have purchased that were ocean captured never hosted in any anem i have owned. I even bought them a RBTA thinking maybe they were snobish and wanted an expensive home but still never hosted.

I bought a pair of Tank raised Black and Whites and within 12 seconds they hosted in the RBTA

G

·
I would say a bta but there is no garentee any nem will sit on the bottom where you want it they can move quite a bit especialy when they are looking for a home

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a BTA about 2" dia just cant get it to grow. all they do is stick there head in it. I've had it for a year and a half, it stays put but wont grow. I had it in a 12 gal eclipse with bad lights ( I didnt know any better ) so I dont know what happened to it. It still has not grown any since I put it in my 100 gal with t-5's. (about 6 months)

here's a link to my BTA post
http://www.michiganreefers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58724

1 - 5 of 5 Posts