Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... Long story short, got live rock with anthelia on it, and it *****!! This crap is everywhere!! How do you kill it??? Tried taking out the piece of rock with worst on it and it's still spreading, it's growing out of my substrate even >:/, is there any way other than taking every single thing out of the tank and starting over?? Not real happy with the supplier of the rock as this is causing more of a headache than it was worth!! Please help! Any ideas appreciated!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is spreading crazy fast, been in the tank for about 1 month or so, started as 2 small colonies, I took the larger one right out, and this one only had about 10-12 stalks at first, now there's close to 65-70 just on that colony, and there's 5-6 other colonies popping up all over the tank, it's only a 29 biocube so there's not a ton of room, it's on the largest coolest piece of rock in the tank... Haha of course >:/

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have a nice piece of LR that started with one stalk of Anthelia about 2-3 months ago and is now easily 50-75. I removed the rock from my tank and it is currently in a rubbermaid been with a pump, heater and light. I am thinking about trying to cover it in Kalk paste and see if that kills it off. Other than that, cooking the rock may work as there is only circulation, no light. However, it may take some time for this to work. Or you could just pull the rock, let it sit for a week and dry out. Obviously, this would cause a new cycle and it would be a while before any livestock could be added again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nemo let me know man I'll cut as much as you want for free! Always open to a frag of anything for a trade too ;), I have a couple snail shells that have 5-10 stalks already pre fragged, and Jesse I think I'm gonna throw my live stock in my fluval 6gal, I have 2 clowns, a decent amount of zoas, a ric, a frogspawn, and a couple other coral, I think they would be ok on the fluval for 3-4 weeks while I work on this anthelia problem, and if anyone wants some hit me up it's all yours!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the anthelia problem has been solved!! Pulled the rock out, took it to pet connection, they traded me straight up for a piece of rock same size and shape! Re-did my aqua scape today and did a 6gal water change on my cube :) no more anthelia yay!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.