Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other MR members that are Accountants dealing with the rigors of year-end?

Anyone to share the pain with?

I can't breath....I feel guilty just checking the boards.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
My office is across from the accounting row of cubicles. Its nice to finally see the bean counters matching my normal 12 hour days. ;)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopkins said:
My office is across from the accounting row of cubicles. Its nice to finally see the bean counters matching my normal 12 hour days. ;)
That hurts!

I think most accountants avoid the addiction of reefing. Generally the wrong personality to spend endless amounts of money filling a glass box.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm lucky I just started with a new company and we still have the same people doing year end (for this year at least-Next year it all ME!). But tax season is just around the corner and it looks like my wife may have the twin in 3 to 4 week!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thanks Deb!
The down side is my office at 8 Mile and Telegraph and now matter how I choose to drive home I pass close by one or more great reef stores!!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
My wife is an accountant with one of the large firms as an auditor, so I don't see much of her from now until April. That's really what fueled my fire for this hobby. Everytime she complains about $ for the aquarium I ask her a simple question; "would you rather I spent it and my free time without you at the bar?"

She is going to start working 12+ at least 6 days a week, and sometimes a few hours on Sunday. I try to do as much as I can to help her wherever I can, but it wears her down pretty good sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts