Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Incase anyone hasn't heard yet. the lightning maroon has spawned! I've been following this since day one. could not be happier for Mr. Pedersen.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah gorgeous fish. Hopefully some day it is as common as say the platinum clown. Maybe not in my lifetime lol but hopefully someday!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i heard the parent ate the eggs, but this is common for new breeding pairs.( and they say escargo is expensive) hopefully the second batch will be a success.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah she ate them up quickly. Hopefully next batch will come within a month. I tell ya I have learned so much about breeding from reading that article. Can't wait to see how the fry are raised. Heck even if no clowns are lightning marked There will still be a batch of healthy captive bred PNG maroons. I got a feeling though these will become the maroon clown version of the platinum or snowflake clown.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It had been a long time since I had looked at the blog. I didn't know it was sick! Thank God it has gotten better! Bummer about them eating the eggs, but if that is normal then I guess it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And yeah, I'm sure that the babies will be outrageously expensive if they have the lightning pattern. I can't remember what I had read about what he paid for it, but it was something like $5,000.00

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another wonderful update and success for Mr. Pederson and the lightning clown. The first viable batch are mid settlement and some already show Lightning markings. In fact it appears the majority have the markings. Though I can not verify that. I can't wait to see the different variations that come out. I know next to nothing about genetics but does that mean the trait is dominant? Another batch should be coming within two or three weeks I believe (assuming the mother is still "in the mood" ).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts