Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is this forum sooooo dead??? It goes weeks in between posts. Anyone want to talk polyps? Secrets, favorites . . . Anything? Or if anyone wants to point me in the direction of mary janes :jester: . . .

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have wondered y this area so dead too.. I love z's and p's, and would like to learn alot more about them

I will try to help get this area more active

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Id be happy to help, I used to have a lot of them, but now Im all SPS. Not really a lot to keeping zoas in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Its funny how people ask why its so dead in the zoanthid threads in the summer when the whole site is slower, but when its kicking the zoanthid threads are still slow no one cares then..... I think with sps tanks becoming more prevalent and the chalice craze zoanthids have taken a back seat. I mean have you ever seen a zoanthid dominated tank get tank of the month? (i'll add in the last three years) Sps gets it all the time. I would think it will be the same with chalices at some point too. I do love those zoanthids though, setting up a zoanthid garden tank right now. Focus will be on the display tank of hard corals sps, lps mix so filtration will be pretty strong hope it doesnt negatively effect the zoos.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have a 29 gallon with a few acans and 2 open brains but it's my "little" zoa garden. I run a mp-10 full blast and have an over-sized skimmer keeping it alot cleaner than I want, it seems to impede growth a little bit in my opinion, I just started dosing aqua vitro Fuel to see if the added nutrients will help. As for it being dead I don't really notice the other stuff on the site. But in the zoas I see hype threads get pretty hot even some picture threads, but for general discussion absolutely ZERO interest. I'd like to compare tanks locally not nationally lol. I'd really like to know about anyone having success with leds, I just purchased an A.I. Sol so I'd like to see how leds impact on zoa gardens.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Once I set up my new system it will be LED. So I will let you know. It will be a couple weeks before its all put together though. Right now they are under T5 and are doing great.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Glad to hear you finally got the AI Ed. The growth will be plenty!!! Just remember to be patient and gradually ramp up the 3 levels, otherwise you will seriously burn them.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott I almost had to call you last night I could not figure it out lol, but once I did the color was insane I love it. I'm going to be ordering the replacement lenses, switch to all 70's to get a better spread but man I'm impressed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
BTW, for zoas, i have to say the Aquavitro Fuel is making my polyps grow like crazy. @Ed, already have 3 UC, 3 Space monsters, 4 Chongs from our trade.
This stuff is growing like crazy.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have the Solaris I5 and I love it. The colors pop and the growth I am getting is crazy (I'm sure it's not just the lights). I don't feed the corals and the 2 clowns are only getting pellots. My 1p utter chaos grew 6 polyps in less than a month, my blue hornets grew 4 in 1 1/2mths and my candy apple reds grew 2 in 1 mth. My miami hurricane grew 5 eyes in 18 days.

My 60g that I run T5s on have never had this kind of growth. The only thing I dose in both tanks is Alk right now. I do 10% water changes every other week and that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've had my A.I.'s hooked up for a week, already thinking about a bigger tank haha I wish my camera could pick up the polyps under the royal blues . . . absolutely AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
C'mon pat you live too close just come over lol. Plus pics really don't justify the colors

1 - 18 of 18 Posts