Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on here every ordered from Aquacon? Was thinking about placing an order with them as they really seem to have a big selection of things in stock compared to Live Aquaria or Saltwaterfish.com. Just wondering if anybody had tried them and what the results were?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or if anybody is interested in ordering from them, let me know. I might try them and if anybody is from the area and wants to order anything we can work something out. I will pay for the shipping, I am going to get something regardless, but will more than likely order this tomorrow.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I havn't bought from them before, but I could definitly use some clean up crew members, maybe a zoa or two. Send me a PM and we can work something out!

·
Registered
288 Posts
One of the worst online companies to deal with. Products not usually as described. VERY DIFFICULT customer service. Had to get American Express involved. Sent me a sponge that was going bad and it wiped out my system. Put Aquacon in the search box, there are several post about them...none of them good. BEWARE!!!!!!!!! There are many other reputable vendors out there. You may even ask your LFS to see if that can order what you want. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
When i want something i just have my lfs store get it. That way i can just pick the ones i want out. I just got some flasher wrasses a while ago. I had my fish store order them, great specimens. And ended up being alot cheaper than liveaquaria. If they have a bad rep i would just stay away. I am also big in supporting small business (within reason). But in my case it saved me alot of money and stress.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I appreciate the feedback, and it does kinda seem like Aquacon might be a bad choice, so I will stay away. I agree the LFS is the best way to go, however I have tried for awhile to get either one of the LFS in my area to get an Atlantic Blue Tang, and nobody can seem to get one, even though they are available online constantly. I spend 99% of my reefin money at LFS and it is best to support them, however sometimes it just seems like they order fish so few and far between that the internet option might be a good one

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Wow I'm surprised that place is still around. They were widely ridiculed ten years ago.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know aquacon is bad with keeping "in stock" updated. I can say liveaquaria is awesome to deal with once ordered a fish it died about 10 days after in tank i emailed them and i instantly recieved a credit fir full anount including shipping which could ve used even on dry goods. Im always at Kees and ive seen some real nice atlantic blues bout 3" over the last month

1 - 8 of 8 Posts