Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tank that is 3.5 weeks old...

When I initially set up the tank, like the first couple of a days, I had a couple of these star fish on my glass at night... Now I have none.
I do not know if it was do to dieing in the cycle, the crabs, or what...

I asked about them at my LFS and they said that they are pests, will reproduce uncontrollably, and that I do not want them in my tank...

My buddy with a multi year established tank has about 50 of these that come out onto his glass at night time...

THE BOTTOM LINE IS I WANT THESE

I have not been able to find how to buy them at my LFS, ebay, or online. How do I get a few Asterina Starfish, and get those to breed?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a number in my tank as well, they came in on liverock I had. They can be pests if they are uncontrollable, but a few can actually help. Your best bet would probably be to look at liverock at the LFS and find one or two on a piece and pick it up, unless someone here could give you some.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you have a buddy with Asterinas on his glass, then I would see if you could just grab some from him. They reproduce like crazy if kept unchecked. I wouldn't spend the money on rock. I have one harlequin shrimp in my 150 and it keeps the stars population under control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts