Michigan Reefers banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to determine an estimate of the o2 concentration of my fish room, living room, crawl space and outside to determine if it is worth while to move the intake for my skimmer.

Currently: the intake is in my fish room. I don't know what the oxygen content of the air in the fish room is. Is it high from all of the macroaglae and mangroves? or is it low from all of the fish, humidity, coral, higher temp? honestly not a clue.

Option 1: Outside. I don't really want to run it outside because I live on a dirt road and I would assume a lot of dust and contaminants would come from this. I would likely have to run a filter and that might mean replacing it all the time. how would the filter hold up during rain and other weather events etc. also, id be pulling some pretty cold air in during the winter months.

Option 2: Crawl Space. Still would likely need a filter but the filter would be protected from weather. also crawl space is heated so I wont have to worry about sucking a bunch of cold air into my system. I'm very curious what the oxygen levels are in my crawl space. I wonder if any exhaust from the furnace ends up down there?

Option 3: Living room. is this going to be any different than my fish room? if it is different from the fish room, how different is it from the crawl space and outside?

Anyone out there have an 02 meter they would lend me to test this? or maybe recommend a product that isn't $100?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I am looking to determine an estimate of the o2 concentration of my fish room, living room, crawl space and outside...

or maybe recommend a product that isn't $100?
For a mere $49.95 I can give you an accurate estimate for all those areas. from here. while wearing flannel pants, but only because I get cold easily. not because they are comfy after eating way, way to much.

I can offer a discounted rate of $24.95, but you won't get the free oven mitt.

or, you could rest easy knowing atmospheric concentrations don't fluctuate enough under normal conditions to measure with a $100 gadget.

Your call. I'd go with the $49.95 package. It's a nice mitt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts