Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added my first fish to my 300g today. I've had a bloodshrimp for about six months now and added him/her/it to the tank with the other fish. while checking on the fish in the 300, I noticed these very little squirming fish/shrimp like things.
and since I only have clowns, naso tang, and bloodshrimp in the tank it must be the shrimps babies. Check out the pictures and you decide..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Looks like mysis shrimp.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Ive been raising mysis for a couple weeks now. Yes that looks a lot like like a mysid shrimp. But if its a baby of a larger specie of shrimp it would just look the same anyways.

Sent from my Samsung Smartphone using Tapatalk. When I should be doing something more productive.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Do you have hermits in there? That's also what larval hermits look like. I had them spawning in my tank a while ago.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, wondering if they are mysis where would they of came from?

As for hermits, I only have about ten in the tank at the moment, and there was 100's of these little guys.

Sent from my iPhone.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Interesting, wondering if they are mysis where would they of came from?

As for hermits, I only have about ten in the tank at the moment, and there was 100's of these little guys.

Sent from my iPhone.
Shrimp cant spawn successfully unless you have 2 or more.

Shrimp,hermits and mysis spawn in the hundreds and into the thousands each time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts