Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's what's going on. My discus laid eggs about a week ago, the eggs hatched. The parents have been watching the babies, sometimes when the babies would leave the tube that they were on the parents would put them in their mouth and spit them back onto the tube... not sure if it's strange but it seems like it. Alright, so this morning the babies were not on the tube, but instead the were swimming around, and the occasional baby would attach to the parents...
well, now it seems like the female is trying to lay eggs, and the male follows up behind her like they normally do when they go to lay eggs... but still no eggs and there is fry left... it's rather odd IMO.

G

·
the laying egg part seems odd but the rest seems normal it sounds like the babies are free swimming now and I would recomend removing them or the parents soon to prevent them from getting eaten

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, so they laid more eggs... and there are still some fry hanging out in there with them... jeez these fish just don't stop.

·
Registered
176 Posts
discus

that is so awesome my discus are just female but I would like to add two more if you decide to sell when big enough let me know. thanks Bill

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, the current fry are spoken for. But if I get some more I will keep you in mind for sure.

btw, it's a cross between a San Merah and a Turquoise, neither have any pigeon blood in them.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's kind of an odd site to see the discus fanning the new eggs while there are fry attached to their sides.

G

·
LOL that is one thing with cichlids once they start they wont stop till you actualy seperate them and force it LOL

good luck with the fry I hope as many survive as possible for ya to sell and make some extra money on to spend on the reef LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts