Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I am selling my favorite fish. :(
I got her at Preuss after the frag swap knowing that I was upgrading to a 90-120G reef in 4 months.
Just found out last night that we are moving out of state in 4 months.

We will enjoy our reef for a few more months before selling it off to a lucky reefer. HOWEVER Leopard Wrasse's are all born female and then will turn male IF there is no other male present.
To be fair to her and make it easier to find a fantastic home, I realize that I should sell her before she turns male.

Absolutely love this little sweetie. She is about 2" and still eating Mysis shrimp (have to cut it a bit for her tiny little mouth). She shows some interest in the floating balls (pellet food).

She is $35 Please hurry before she turns into a he, possibly making it harder to find her a great home.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you weren't so far away, I would buy her. :( sorry to hear that you are having to get rid of her. Curious, what type of Leopard wrasse is she?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh, the spotted kind. :no:

She looks just like the one pictured on animal-world.com Will post a picture of her later.

Please put the word out to people from Lansing and west. Definately want to do what is best for her.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
...Just found out last night that we are moving out of state in 4 months...We will enjoy our reef for a few more months before selling it off to a lucky reefer...
You may want to re-think this strategy. Look through some of the "closing it down" threads, and see how long it can take to move your livestock, let alone the hardware. (especially on the west side)

Best of luck either way both with the sale and the move.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I am selling my favorite fish. :(
I got her at Preuss after the frag swap knowing that I was upgrading to a 90-120G reef in 4 months.
Just found out last night that we are moving out of state in 4 months.

We will enjoy our reef for a few more months before selling it off to a lucky reefer. HOWEVER Leopard Wrasse's are all born female and then will turn male IF there is no other male present.
To be fair to her and make it easier to find a fantastic home, I realize that I should sell her before she turns male.

Absolutely love this little sweetie. She is about 2" and still eating Mysis shrimp (have to cut it a bit for her tiny little mouth). She shows some interest in the floating balls (pellet food).

She is $35 Please hurry before she turns into a he, possibly making it harder to find her a great home.
you should be specific which leopard wrasse this is.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you should be specific which leopard wrasse this is.
I was...she is spotted! :sarcastic:

Blackspotted Wrasse ~ Guinea Fowl Wrasse

This is NOT her (she is sleeping now). She is a tiny little thing compared to this full grown girl.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would take her off your hands, but it looks like trades wouldn't interest you (since you are shutting down) but if I'm wrong shoot me a PM. I have a ton of stuff to trade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.