Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
cube

That's a nice looking cube, my next will be one as well. Are you taking down your smaller one next to it? If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the stand and tank? And where you got it..and are you happy with it?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am taking down the 29 biocube, next to it.Letting the Bella Cube cycle. I bought the tank from one of our sponsors(Aquarium warehouse). Tank,sump,stand was $523 with tax included.Automatic topoff unit and reservoir was $170.Quiet one 4000 return pump $65.00 .Current outer orbit 150w mh/96w t5 combo fixture was $360.I used a 60lb puca shell base for main tank,$60. 20lb bag live sand for sump/fuge $18.00.I still have to get a fuge light . I have about $1200 in just the tank.I have about $600 in coral in biocube and some other equipment when I transfer.

·
Registered
604 Posts
prand said:
I still have to get a fuge light
Tank looks good so far. I have a tank built by Aquarium Warehouse and really like. They build great stuff.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot and pick up a clamp on light and a fluorescent screw in bulb in a 5000k-6000k kelvin rating. Under $15.00 and works just fine ;) There is also a sealed PC light, that I think Beakerbob and a few others use, that I want to say is around $40 at Home Depot.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Very awesome, my next tank is going to be a 60G cube. I just like how they can appear larger than they are.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
redrocket said:
i like your set up really lookin' good. what fish do u have in mind?
I plan on being simple.Algae blenny, 2 tomatoe clowns,and a tang of some sort .Dont know which tang to get . Any suggestions? All I need is a "Tang Corrections Officer" knocking down my door with a search warrant ,asking me if I had enough gallons for that particular species. j/k I love the Tang Police.They are awsome.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That's enough for now, it will grow.

1 - 20 of 371 Posts