Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone know it was open today? I am bummed that I just found out that they reopened it for a special event and that I had no idea.. I wish I hadn't of missed it..

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
closes at 3 today. just read what they planned on stocking the tanks with, mostly freshwater, in the past for this event they have been known to only stock Koi, not really interested now. more interesting tank at home. lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah - I went and wasn't sure how I felt about it. It's a nice thought, but most of the tanks were made into art displays or dioramas. It looks like a TON of places donated, which makes me question why there was so little there.

Most people didn't even hear about it until the last few days. I would gladly have volunteered if I had heard about it. So, someone's heart was in the right place. Just makes me wonder if the planning might have been lacking.

No offense to anyone who was involved.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I do know a guy that works for the conservancy and it is looking more and more like the aquarium will reopen at some point in the near future. Granted, there is a lot of work to be done to get it back up and running completely... but that is pretty good news in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts