Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean thanks for the reply but can you give me some more details of the tank you are lighting such as what size and how deep it is?? thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
you can use MH, PC, or T5, it doesn't really matter, just depends on what your flavor is for lighting. You're going to want some actinic lighting or higher towards 20k for the color to bring things out. For the growth, I don't know of anything factual as to what spectrum the zoo's and pallies like, but I'm assuming it's similar to corals, so if you have some lighting that'll grow lps and sps, then you're good for zoo's/pallies. I keep pallies in an 8gal bio cube with PC lights and some in my 45 with t5's, in both cases the zoo's are growing like crazy. The bio cube I can't tell you the parameters as I haven't checked in a while, I rarely do water changes on it though.

Other thank nitrates, nitrites, and amonia are 0, nitrates sometimes rise a little above but otherwise yea, calc is between 380-440, dkh 10-12, temp is 78, I've had the zoo's anywhere from 5 inches below the water surface to 24 inches below, and in both cases they are growing well. There are some sweet spots you can try to find, but that'll come with experimentation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts