Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I saw one of my blue leg hermit crabs hanging out on one of the branches of my birds nest coral. Today Looking at it it looks white....Has anyone ever seen this? Is this branch dead? It is just wierd.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
The pic is too small. You'll need to use an outside site to host your pictures (like photobucket) and post a link here. Check out the photography forum stickies for a more detailed "how-to".

·
Registered
715 Posts
Doubtful it was trying to eat or harm the coral. If it's the tip that is white it could be a growth tip. If the whole branch is white cut it off before it spreads.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have had this issue with a crab and a purple monti. The solution was flicking him off for a few days and when he decided to come back on the fifth day I decided that it was time for him to go, to his death. For some reason some crabs like to hang out of corals and that is their behavior pattern. Either move them to another tank, give them to friends/people you don't like or kill them, they will not change their behavior. Remember don't sacrifice your "reef" tank for a 99 cent crab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts