Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any Blue Snowflake Anthelia in their setup or possibly have a link to information on them? Requirements of light, flow, food... Much appreciated.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK they look light tiny Snowlakes and are in my case Blue. THEy are pretty small and my Canon IS3 just wont cut it even on Super Macro Mode. Anyone have these or know anything about them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Blue snowflake polyps make a great addition to anyone’s tank! They are easy to take of and their vivid blue color makes them absolutely stunning. They are part of the Clavulariidae family, but are smaller than other clavularia species. Generally their polyps are no larger than ¼” but their beautiful color makes up for their small size! They are generally placed lower in the tank for best coloration but I have noticed they can tolerate higher light locations. They do not require direct feeding, but will benefit from foods that are for filter feeders.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks FishmanTom, that is what I wanted to know. They are pretty cool but I just have a frag of them with maybe 40 polyps on it. I would love to have a 6 inch square mat of them. Hopefully with some success. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Of course this thread is useless without pictures.

So here is a stock one, let's see your real ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

·
Registered
308 Posts
Little late buuuuuuut....

Anyone find a place in MI/OH that is selling this stuff or any members selling it? Looks like a very nice coral to try.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got my frag from kee's, but it was a Frag weekend sale and haven't seen any there since. It has been spreading but only on the little frag rock that it came on. Maybe in a couple of year I will give you a yell. lol. They look pretty cool, but you need a nice camera to capture them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts