lightfooted crab
two brittle starfish
two small perc clowns (says lfs)
yellow head jawfish
bubble tip nem

not very sure on names of coral sense i'm a noob
pulsing Xenia (not doing very well) :(
and some zoas and no clue on the rest

not bad for an eighteen year olds first attempt at reef keeping :D ?
any tips or suggestions would be very helpful could use alittle help over here lol
(clowns will be moved too larger tank in month or two)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Looks like a good start. How long you been up and running. I'd be careful about the crab, could start eating your fish. Where'd you get your stock?

For help on the coral post your parameters and expaination of your concerns so those that have more experience can provide insight.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a good start. How long you been up and running. I'd be careful about the crab, could start eating your fish. Where'd you get your stock?

For help on the coral post your parameters and expaination of your concerns so those that have more experience can provide insight.
I'm looking too give away the crab in the next week or two the tank has been running for almost three months I moved the tank with sand and water from the last guy that had it running for over a year he took his rock/coral and livestock out 20 mins before i picked it up so it wasn't down for very long and was never dry. also I have bought most of my stuff from pet supply plus in howell on grandriver sense its 5 mins from my home but I picked up some sand and my yellowhead jawfish from preuss pets in lansing first trip out there and let me say I did NOT want too leave it was amazing loved it great store I won't make the mistake of going there with less then $100 dollars again haha

·
Registered
50 Posts
Xenia is a very picky coral and some people can grow it some cant! mine used to grow like a weed and has calmed down ten fold. About the sally lightfoot crab keep them well feed and they wont eat anything other than algae and what ever you feed it. Mine likes silver sides and is probably 4" or more. Probably too big of a crab at that length for your tank when it grows up.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nice looking tank. I would say your off to a good start. Just remember, that there is a ton to learn in this hobby, ask lots of questions if you don't know. If I was closer, I would take the sally light foot off you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATES

no more bio balls all live rock rubble
gave away sally light foot crab
picked up three more pounds of live rock
picked up small emerald crab
picked up one more mini blue legged hermit
picked up three bubble bee snails

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Caution when adding that much to such a small tank. Even when it is just snails and hermits. But, that is a good list. I hope every thing continues to do well. Keep us posted.
yes I believe I'm just about at the end of the road for livestock at my tank

1 yellowhead jawfish
2 perc. clowns
2 turbo snails
1 emerald crab
2 blue legged hermit crabs
3 bubble bee snails
1 bubble tip nem

tank is doing great no more problems everything smooth sailing now

I will be adding
one type of shrimp (sexy shrimp or blood/fire shrimp) only one tho
and two nassarius snails
and whatever small frags of coral i pick up at the expo sunday

other then that I think im gunna start looking for a 29gal biocube or something long the lines of that or 55gal bowfront

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guess I was a bit off that day. Could of swore it said damsel. lol:wacko: Much better choice with the jawfish. I think they are neat and want to get a one myself.
I really recommend one and if possible blue spotted jaw fish if you have the budget
very interesting fish and once he settles down hes very active and loves too people watch I'v dub him Chester the socially awkward fish hes very quick at hiding if you move to quickly

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I really recommend one and if possible blue spotted jaw fish if you have the budget
very interesting fish and once he settles down hes very active and loves too people watch I'v dub him Chester the socially awkward fish hes very quick at hiding if you move to quickly
I plan to, Hopefully the blue spot but, the yellow head is nice as well. The socially awkward fish sounds like my Yellow tang. Im hoping that once I get some more active fish in there it will start to come out of the shadows more. Before I lost my wrasse and mandarin due to a postal blue spot watchman. The yellow tang was out all the time swimming with wrasse. Well for the 4 days before I tore my tank apart to catch the postal goby.....still upset about that whole ordeal. But, it has given me a chance to rethink the fish I want to add.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I plan to, Hopefully the blue spot but, the yellow head is nice as well. The socially awkward fish sounds like my Yellow tang. Im hoping that once I get some more active fish in there it will start to come out of the shadows more. Before I lost my wrasse and mandarin due to a postal blue spot watchman. The yellow tang was out all the time swimming with wrasse. Well for the 4 days before I tore my tank apart to catch the postal goby.....still upset about that whole ordeal. But, it has given me a chance to rethink the fish I want to add.
I'd love a tang but my tank is way to small and crowded as is maybe if i upgrade too a 75 ill have room :D if i can find the money in the budget I'm already only going to the expo with like 100 dollars :( wahh lol

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'd love a tang but my tank is way to small and crowded as is maybe if i upgrade too a 75 ill have room :D if i can find the money in the budget I'm already only going to the expo with like 100 dollars :( wahh lol
I hear ya. I have a 90 and want to go bigger:wacko: I'm not going, it would cost me $70-100 just to drive there plus I know I will want to pick up some things. **** budgets! lol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya. I have a 90 and want to go bigger:wacko: I'm not going, it would cost me $70-100 just to drive there plus I know I will want to pick up some things. **** budgets! lol
woah that's a lot for gas D:
I can't decide if I wanna go to the expo or just preuss pets lol they have a good deal spend over 50 get a free 15 dollar frag of you're choice and I really want too pick up a shrimp and some nassarius snails and more rock but then again My "reef" is looking like FOWLR pretty much lmao but i think going to the expo will be a fun experiences maybe win that 16gal nuvo aquarium in the raffle :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.