Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Bubble tip anemone reproduce by tips breaking off?
I just watched my anemone inflate the very end of one tentacle and next thing I know it floated off to the back of the tank, hidden in the rocks. Was really neat to watch. Any concern here? Should I try and locate the free floating tip and remove it from the tank?
I have managed to bring this one back from the brink of death (purchased a few months ago with its maroon clown) anemone was white when it got home and now is nice dark tan color. It has grown a ton, original size was about 3-4 inches and now probably 8-10 inches around now and appears very happy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't think that is a form of reproduction. I have seen mine do the same thing, but the detached tentacle eventually decayed. It is not as rare as it may seem, just not often noticed. Nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I have GBTA minis that have reproduced more than I care to think about. I also have a RBTA that has only split once in the same time frame. I think it all depends on water params, feeding, etc. I do know that the greens tend to be a little more prolific than the roses, but I've heard of RBTA splitting multiple times a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts