Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there stores around here that sell LED heat sinks locally around Oakland County? Any that you guys prefer over another for price, selection, etc.?

I'm buying my LED and guts overseas and the shipping goes up like crazy when I include a heat sink cause of the weight.
thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yes, there are certainly local places that could machine a heat sink if you give them the proper measurements. My father in law actually made me one and it is perfect. It's probably also cheaper to get one locally... no shipping and you're not paying for an aquarium-related item, essentially. Just look for precision manufacturing or something along those lines.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Heat Sink USA is in Belding. Been to his house before to pick stuff up.

Many of the LED retrofitters use Heat Sink USA gear, but sell it at cost in their kits.

I've yet to find any source of cheaper sinks per size. The Chinese want to keep aluminum for themselves while we have factories pumping it out for cheap in good old michigan.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
My father-in-law owns Varco Inc, a precision machining company in Redford. He made a heat sink for me and we've got plans for more. They are absolutely perfect and can be tapped and drilled or left smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.