Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, heres the scoop.

i want to run a nano style calcium reactor on my new 10g shallow cube.

problem..

EXPENSIVE.

solution...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Acro-Cal-Nano-C...eZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

question....

what else do i need? ..
a regulator?
hoses?
CO2 bottle?

were can i get these things locally?
and im not looking for a huge 15lb tank,
something under 5lb.

anything???
ive seen some perty small co2 tanks before.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyway i could use a Paintbal CO2 bottle? ive got a couple of em.

problem is.. will a regulator fit on them?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah, you will need a ph monitor/controller, a regulator,hoses and a bottle. I'm not sure what thread most regulators use, but i think paintball tanks use a smaller one, it worth a look. I remember a thread somewhere on here about a place where you can get tanks filled and swaped out. And if you're a MR member you get a discount. Can't remember where i saw that thread.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
IMO, the cost/risk vs benefit is not worth it, the easiest thing would be to dose two-part. The cost of a regulator and controller does not make this very cost effective, let alone the devastating effect excess Co2 will have on such a small system and the problems of balancing the reactor output to the tanks needs. Sorry to rain on your parade, just do not want to see you waste time and money;)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Paintball tanks actually have a o-ring on them, where commercial style tanks don't, which prevent you from being able to use them. And unfortunately keeps us from being able to fill out reactor CO2 tanks at paintball refill stations (which would be crazy convenient). Been there tried that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts