Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently set up a 14 gallon nano cube. Live rock and fish came from my larger 36 gallon that has been running and stable for 6 years.

Water perameters:
PH 8.1
Amonia 0.0ppm
Nitrite: 0.0ppm
Nitrate <5ppm

I purchased a Tonga Purple Mushroom frag on Monday and today it looks like this:

Water Fluid Organism Underwater Natural material

Is there anything I can do to help?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I wondered if that was the case.

Looks like it has some brownish slime on it though,is it too late?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
look to see if there are any darker spots on it that move around. there is a common flat worm that eats mushrooms. it looks like you may have a few. hard to tell with the pic. but that is what the mushroom looks to be suffering from. the worms are a brownish red and move if disturbed. they do spread to leathers and such. target mandrins eat them easy.

·
Registered
796 Posts
look to see if there are any darker spots on it that move around. there is a common flat worm that eats mushrooms. it looks like you may have a few. hard to tell with the pic. but that is what the mushroom looks to be suffering from. the worms are a brownish red and move if disturbed. they do spread to leathers and such. target mandrins eat them easy.
Flatworms don't eat shrooms, if there is one that does it certainly isn't a common species. They are a nuissance though as they multiply quickly and can block out the light from reaching the tissue.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Flatworms don't eat shrooms, if there is one that does it certainly isn't a common species. They are a nuissance though as they multiply quickly and can block out the light from reaching the tissue.
there is one that i know of that at least is attracted to shrooms as ive seen them all over the shrooms at my LFS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts