Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put a clam in a 55gal with 260watts (4 65watts 12,000Kdaylight bulbs)of PC lighting? I like the look and color of clams but will they be happy in my tank?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I would not recomend a clam. PC are not intense enough. IMO MH are the only lighting that clams can be keep under. Their are some lower light clam that could be keeped under T-5.

·
Registered
408 Posts
What type of clam? I had two clams do fine under my pc lights. You just have to put them at the surface of the tank. Also, I disagree with you dejavu, I think you can keep most clams with t-5's, but only if you put them higher at the surface.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
id say no with pc lights. expecially maximas or croceas they need way too much light. u can grow anything with t5ho than u can with mh if set up properly.(quality bulbs and ballast, individual reflectors and enough bulbs bulbs to cover the tank)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I'll wait on the clam for my next tank. Thanks for the replies.

I don't have space at the top of my tank, that is reserved for corals so I'll just hold off on the clam

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
In order to be happy I agree with what most of the replies said. You need mh or t-5's. PC's would work for non-photosynthetic clams, but I assume you're talking about the photosynthetic ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts