Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 inch coralife MH (3 bulb). Purchased it used a year or better ago & never changed the bulbs in it (150 watt). I know I should have changed them some time ago, but didnt. According to coralife website 10k bulbs came in it. My question is what's the best bulb to buy & what K should I get, 10, 14, or 20 ?

PS: it's on a average 6' long 125 display. & lighting system has 4 atinic bulbs & 4 moon lights.

Thanks in advance for any & all comments & suggestions.
Ed

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
150 watt is commonly an HQI bulb, not mental halide.... I like the phoenix 14k.. don't know if they make them in 150 HQI at a GREAT price though.. $47 each is cheapest I can find right off the bat. Can get Hamilton 14k similar price, those are often quite nice. Reeflux 12k are hit and miss, sometimes they are great and sometimes they are terrible, when I had my store the Reeflux wholesaler was a PITA to work with when things went wrong, so make sure you know what you are getting into for returns and all that. I had a few bulbs that exploded on first fire and all he wanted to do was tell me I was too dumb to install them properly... only done it 100s of times...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.