Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheap Red/Green/Blue Full Spectrum LED Lighting. THATS RIGHT!!!
Im using five 9 watt led rgb pendents. In the video there is only 2 pendents installed. Im currently waiting for the rest of by bulbs but will have em pretty soon (-:
I have built a nice fixture for these babys too. check it out and tell me what cha think. PS. This is for a fish only tank. no coral will be held in the tank. Dont worry i will be doing a high power build during the summer you guys will love. God i look Retarded in the video thumbnail lol.

2012-02-21_17-32-23_901.mp4 video by touch_tone1 - [email protected]@[email protected]@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1191.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz471%2Ftouch_tone1%[email protected]@[email protected]@file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid1191.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fz471%2Ftouch_tone1%2F2012-02-21_17-32-23_901.mp4

the whole rig will slide up and down on a piece of pvc anchored to the ceiling.

·
Registered
401 Posts
FYI, RGB lights don't give you full spectrum. They give you narrow RGB spectrum with three peaks.

OK for a FO only tank. Not usefull for coral.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI, RGB lights don't give you full spectrum. They give you narrow RGB spectrum with three peaks.

OK for a FO only tank. Not usefull for coral.
I know thats why ive stated 3 times in my post and video that this is a fish only tank lighting. ive only stated "fullSpectrum" because normally everyone just uses white and royal blue. RGB gives ya more options so i would consider it to be a "fuller spectrum" Might not be a usable spectrum for coral but is much more visually appealing to the eyes. I will also be building a couple liner strips with 5x 10 watt cree mc-e rgb this summer to supplement my 100 watt pendents. the coral might not use these colors to grow but they sure to use em to flash there vibrant colors. Just think of it as MEGA Actinics. Now your no longer limited to just blue, you can tweak the green and red along with blue and truly bring out any color you desire. giving those corals the "pop" you guys have been craving. Thanks for looking guys. let me know if ya have any questions, not facts i already know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts