Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation ive had a 60 gallon reef tank for about 8 years on christmas day i got a new tank it is a 180 so i did the switch over i took all the rock from my 60 gallon tank at least 100 pounds i bought 160 poundsod live sand i also used all my bio balls and sponge filters from my 60 gallon since setting up ive increased bio load by a little not much over the last 7 weeks. I went on vacation for 4 days and now my water is cloudy somewhat milky. Half of my fish are stressed pale and breathin slightly heavy. Any ideas or suggestions

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm a newbie here but I was told by someone today that his tank got really cloudy white for a few days and what he found caused it was someone turned his gfo all the way up and that was the cause of it. Guess there was a few inches trap up at the sponge.
Just figure I would throw out what I have heard.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
+1 to both the last two above. That is what I was thinking while reading. Need to post parmas in detail. Also, being this is a much larger system. Have you increased your water circulation as well with more or better power heads?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.