Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clownfish just laid eggs today right next to the frogspawn they host. Nest is very close and some tentacles are touching the eggs. Will it kill the eggs? I dont think I would raise the clutch this time. But, want to know anyway.
Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine also hosted this frogspawn for a year. Both are happy and the frogspawn kept on growing. I prefer the frogspawn over anemone in my biocube. Just wanted to know if frogspawn would sting the eggs. That is all. And I am so happy knowing that I have provided a happy environment for these clownfish pair so that they even decided to spawn. I think there are over 100 eggs. Too bad that I wont be able to raise the fry. Maybe next time. They are not any exotic breed, just normal ocellaris.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow.. it is only 6th day and the eggs already have reflecting eyes. I think there are about 50-60 eggs. They are first time parents and have done a wonderful job thus far. Feel bad that I wont be able to raise them. I would love to give it a try to raise the fry. But, I dont have rotifers or Otohime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.