Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added two perc clowns to my 29 biocube thurs, they seem happy and healthy and appear to be ok, but the won't even budge when I throw pellets in to feed them, will they eat if they are hungry enough? I'm going to the meet tom and I am going to get some better food for them, will they be ok for 4-5 days without any food?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
So I added two perc clowns to my 29 biocube thurs, they seem happy and healthy and appear to be ok, but the won't even budge when I throw pellets in to feed them, will they eat if they are hungry enough? I'm going to the meet tom and I am going to get some better food for them, will they be ok for 4-5 days without any food?
I wouldn't take the chance on that! If I remember correctly, you picked these guys up at the LFS straight from the shipper before being unpackaged. Chances are, they have already not eaten for at least a day or more prior to you getting them. I would go to the closest LFS who deals in saltwater and pick up some various foods like mysis, Enriched Brine (Not to be used as a sole food source), APBBreed Othomine and TDO-EP1 (Reef Nutrition) pellets if they sell them, Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 or 2 pellets. Not saying to get all of these, more so a place to start. Though, I would suggest the mysis and Brine as these should entice them to start eating.

·
Registered
532 Posts
+ 1 on the Mysis and Brine shrimp! I haven't had anything that wont eat them from the get go. if they are very small, they might not be able to eat a whole Mysis shrimp though so you might need to cut them up a little.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I worked 14 hours today, got off at 9pm and everything is closed, yes I got the fish Thursday, it's now sat, fig they got shipped say a day or two b4 I am guessing tom will be 6 days without food, BUT! I am going to the show and plan on bringing them home all kinds of good food, they don't even flinch when I the pellets I have now go in, the hermits and peppermints love the pellets though and come swarming for them haha

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Unfortunately I worked 14 hours today, got off at 9pm and everything is closed, yes I got the fish Thursday, it's now sat, fig they got shipped say a day or two b4 I am guessing tom will be 6 days without food, BUT! I am going to the show and plan on bringing them home all kinds of good food, they don't even flinch when I the pellets I have now go in, the hermits and peppermints love the pellets though and come swarming for them haha
Just noticed your in Novi, Whites97 lives up that way and makes a great blend of well, everything. Great price too. You might want to look him up as well. I know he has a few threads on here and a has a post in the swap thread with everything thats in it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice i met him b4 I think that's Dave I believe? Snagged some really nice live rock off him a few weeks back, I'll def be grabbing some varieties of food tom and hopefully a couple nice corals!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got some diff pellets at the show today, along with frozen mysis, and cyclops, the clowns will not eat any of it, I added a decent amount of thawed mysis, then tried the cyclops then the new pellets and they don't even flinch, what do I try next?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These fish are on drugs I swear, won't touch food, tried ocean solution, I think, Thera + A pellets, instant ocean seaweed and krill blend, frozen mysis and frozen cyclops, and they haven't flinched on one of em, and they are eating the algae off the glass now haha

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I first got my clownfish they wouldn't really eat at all. I put frozen brine shrimp in and they would eat a few pieces. So I tried flake food they didn't really mess with it.....Waited about 2 days and put flake food in the tank again and they loved it. Usually they don't eat the first 1-2 days that you have them....At least from what I know....Maybe I am wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.