Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Reef Nutrition

Hi Most of my local stores carry reef nutrition....They have a product called Arcticpods... a little pricy but live copapods you can add to the tank....it is like 1 tsp t 100 Gallon tank i think. Here is the link to the site Welcome to Reef Nutrition
They have a find a store near me option.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Arctipods do not breed in captivity unless your tank is very cold. You want Amphipods and mysid shrimp. Stomatella snails are nice too.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Arctipods do not breed in captivity unless your tank is very cold. You want Amphipods and mysid shrimp. Stomatella snails are nice too.
Do you know any good resources to buy mysid shrimp and stomatella snails?
Reef Nutrition does sell Tiger pods. Reefcleanse.org sells various types of pods and so does liveaquaria.com I usually add a couple different types of pods to my tank every few months just for diversity.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Arctipods are not alive....There for they will not breed in anyones tank no matter what the temp is. lol The tigger pods are alive and will breed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O ya I will pic some up. For some reason I didn't think they were live. Thanks

Hi Most of my local stores carry reef nutrition....They have a product called Arcticpods... a little pricy but live copapods you can add to the tank....it is like 1 tsp t 100 Gallon tank i think. Here is the link to the site Welcome to Reef Nutrition
They have a find a store near me option.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Go to your LFS they will likely have live copepods. I added a bottle last april and they are still present. I can tell because my mandarin is very fat. I think i added tiger pods but im not 100% sure. I was too much of a noob to pay attention.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My understanding is that Tigger Pods are coldwater species that have difficulty reproducing on reef tanks. There are other species that are better suited to reproduce in our tanks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
like i said, im not sure what i added. but the point is, there are copepods out there that you can buy with the intent of them propagating in your tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts