Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Ever have one of these harm your corals?...or not eat aptasia?

I just bought one and no problems yet but was curious....Corals (polyps) are what they eat in the wild right?.....

Just thought i would get some input....

Thanks Zac

·
Registered
127 Posts
I used to have one for like 3 months. After about a week or 2 of having him, it cleaned the tank of aptasia and never harmed any of my coral. SPS included. I feed it mixes of frozen like brine, and mysis.

·
Registered
162 Posts
mine took a nice chunk out of a labophylia but hasn't touched anything coral wise since was more than likely just tasting it. i wouldnt hesitate to do it again

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
....IT will always be in the back of my mind.....He is doing really good though!!!....he is pretty big...i will try and get some pics..

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
They mostly eat small crustaceans and tube-worms in the wild...

Mine went weeks before it touched the aiptasia, just picking at rock, in the gravel, frozen mysis, etc.

I'm sure there's always a risk (I worry about my duncanopsamia and other fleshy-polyped corals), but to date, after eating my (few) aiptasias, I've never seen it touch anything I care about.

I'd say like with most anything, there's a risk to harming some corals you like, and probably moreso with a CBB than with tangs and other "iffy" critters, but they sure are pretty fish!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts