Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I wouldnt say entirely. But the bigger the better. If you put then in at the same time you may not have an issue but then again......:nhl_checking:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Do you really trust your LFS not to put the fish in a QT? I guess if you are buying them both from the same store than that is one thing. Any other fish in this tank already?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I have a butterfly, 2 clowns, goby, firefish, scopas tank (? spelling) and a fox face. Note sure what you mean about trusting my LFS to have them in QT? These fish are from private owners and seperate people.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
He is worried about the fact that it sounds that you are not QTing the fish. Its like playing russian roulette where the next fish is the loaded cylinder or not. CLICK=nothing bad happens
BANG=ich or other parasite and death for all fish involved
If you are QTing them then the angel you put in yesterday has a 4-6 week advantage on the new one probably not a good thing.

By the way I like russian roulette also :no: but I sill dont have a qt set up. Only thing that got ich was a powder brown and he would get it every week and by the end of the week it would be gone until he was:(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a QT tank but haven't used it as I had a sick fish in it being medicated so I guess no I don't have one...lol.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Yea after the second time of the powder brown was blown out with ich I caught him and put him in a hospital tank that shoulda been used as a QT in the first place:wacko: When he died I took it down for a better option and got all the stuff and never set it up lol .

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just had my powder brown die of ick (i believe) but I loved that fish. Why do they get ick? Anyway to stop it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a flame angel and a coral beauty together in a 55 gallon. The trick is too get a plastic see through tupperware so they can see eachother and wait a day then release one to play.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Thats more or less what I was getting at. I haven't used a QT up until this point myself but, have a tank that I have been wanting to set up for future additions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts