Any guesses?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aren't those usually a branching coral?

G

·
looks like a candy cane coral that hasn't grown a skeleton around that rock yet you can see some heads starting to grow skeleton up off the rock

could also be some kind of brain coral

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is from cichlid333's tank. He/and she was curious about what it is.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
id

thanks to johno's for posting the pic, and thanks for all the replys but i really don't think these are candy canes i have all types of candycanes and trumpets and really they dont really look like any of them and they are hard like a sps not kinda soft and hard to the touch like most candy canes,hmmmmm it's a mystery

·
Registered
908 Posts
Not to hijack, but what is with all the Aptasia's? And I think its a candy cane as well.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Thanks again

Thanks again to all who have took the time to help me out. I have had this coral for about 4 months and it has not changed. I have a few different candy canes and trumpets and I knew it was not one of them. Although I kinda thought it might be in the family. I want to thank AndrewR I think he is the one that found it. " Caulastrea Tumida" http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch...0pages/113.htm

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
cichlid333 said:
I have a few different candy canes and trumpets and I knew it was not one of them. Although I kinda thought it might be in the family.
It is definently a caulastrea species. AKA candy cane, trumpet, call it what you will.
If you want to be amazed about the different growth forms of Caulastreas, visit the Tropicorium. They have at least five or six different growth forms/species, cannot name them all but I know they are there (they have had the mother colonies for a while). You might be able to PM them for some pics if you live far away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts