Michigan Reefers banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I want to know from all of you, what's the craziest thing you have seen in your tank?

I ask, because tonight, I saw mine!!! Around 10 pm tonight, just after my tank lights switched over to the moonlights, all of these mini brittle starfish came out of my rock work...... I'm not talking 10, 20, 50 oooohhhh no, AT LEAST 1,000 mini brittle starfish were all over my rocks! I have never seen more than 5 on my rocks at one time at night before..... so this was CRAZY! Then, multiple of the mini brittle starfish raised their central discs up above the rocks with their legs still down....... like walking on all fours...... our 6's... or however many legs they have. Then they started releasing a milky white substance from their mouth areas...... almost looked like they were smoking lol. Multiple of them all over the tank did it at the same time, so I can assume it was some sort of spawning........ but I have never heard (or seen) something so crazy before!!!!!

Has ANYONE ever seen anything like this? Do mini brittle stars spawn like that? Or do they all have some sort of smoking addiction that I need to be aware of? lol :no:

·
Registered
937 Posts
there spawning first time i saw it I was like whaaa....

the craziest thing I have is a clownfish who sleeps on the surface and just allows himself to be blown all over the tank all night. looks like he is dead but is just sleeping. He has been doing it since he was a fry.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think someone else just posted about this recently. I would guess that they were spawning, but you never know. They might be on the wacky tabacky?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there spawning first time i saw it I was like whaaa....

the craziest thing I have is a clownfish who sleeps on the surface and just allows himself to be blown all over the tank all night. looks like he is dead but is just sleeping. He has been doing it since he was a fry.
haha, that's awesome!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Great thread. Always good to here about what is going on in others tanks. So far, some pretty fascinating stories but, the Bobbit worm would be a nightmare!

·
Registered
180 Posts
My brittles spawned the night of the last full moon...nuts looking!

Your clownfish is crazy!

Just read your Bobbit Worm chronicles...OMGosh, WTH! and EWWWWW!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Seriously I had to take 3 showers each time I caught that monster. I could not sleep after my first run in it is that hideous.....really!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have an antenna goby that sleeps in the overflow grate on my pico.

I've thought he was dead at least a couple times - nope, just chilling til the lights come on.

Weirdo.

That worm is wild.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts